Holiday Organizing Tips
A few holiday organizing tips can help you get through this busy season! There is so much to do during the holidays and we often find ourselves running out of time and energy. Don’t get stressed just get organized. Organizing your holiday routine can save you time, money, and stress.
Create a Holiday Calendar
- Start by adding activities and events that are already set: travel plans, parties, arrival dates for guests, school events, appointments for haircuts, family photos, and pet grooming.
- Continue to add events to your calendar as they come up.
- Plan time for shopping, wrapping, meal planning, and baking as if they were appointments.
Make a List and Check it Twice
- Create lists for anything from gift giving to baking projects.
- Prioritize your lists and do the most important items first.
- Use pen and paper or your favorite app. I use Notes on my iPhone because it allows me to check off completed tasks.
- Delegate tasks as needed
- Break down large tasks. If decorating your home is overwhelming, focus on one room/space per day.
- Before you buy anything, take inventory of what you already have.
- Check your decorations, wrapping supplies, baking supplies, and look for any gifts you may have already purchased and forgot about.
Clear Household Clutter
- Putting up holiday decorations will make a cluttered space look more cluttered.
- Schedule time to de-clutter your home.
- If you are short on time, focus only on the areas that guests will see (kitchen, dining room, living area, and bathroom)
Organize Holiday Essentials
- Place items you need for a particular task in the same area.
- Create a gift-wrapping center, organize baking supplies into one area of your pantry, or put everything you need for holiday cards in a box.
- It’s all about making it easy to find things when you need them.
Happy Holiday Organizing!
Uniquely Enhanced Spaces helps you manage the clutter and get organized so that you can get more done, find things when you need them, and feel good about your space. Diana Carlos is a professional organizer serving Lakewood, Long Beach, and surrounding areas in Los Angeles County and Orange County.
Call for a free phone consultation