Investing in selling your home pays off when it sells! Whether it’s painting, repairing, or de-cluttering personal possessions, many sellers do not want to invest money to sell their home. However, if your home doesn’t sell for months you are faced with having to continue to make payments, pay for home maintenance, and possibly reduce the asking price. Here are 7 reasons why de-cluttering your home could prove to be a worthy investment in both time and money.
- Give buyers a great first impression. There is only one chance to make a first impression on a buyer and first impressions are key in selling a home quickly for its market value. Most buyers make up their mind within minutes of walking in the front door. For this reason, it is crucial that the home appear clean, neat, and clutter-free.
- Minimizing personal belongings. This is crucial to making buyers see the home through their eyes. If buyers see too much of your personal items, they feel like they are visiting your home instead of imagining themselves living in it.
- Let buyers see the home not your stuff. You want buyers to see the home and its assets not the stuff contained in the home.
- It’s all about space! Most buyers are looking for a home that is more spacious than the one they are living in. Even if your home is small, minimizing the amount of items in it will make it appear larger and will show potential buyers there is ample storage space.
- Get a jumpstart on packing and make moving day less stressful. Packing items you don’t need or use now will decrease the amount of packing you have to do when it’s time to move.
- Keep old clutter out of your new home. De-cluttering and packing ahead of time will assure that you will not take any clutter or unwanted items to your new home.
- Detach emotionally. Sorting, purging, and making decisions about your personal belongings will help you detach emotionally from the house. You will begin to focus on the items you treasure and are taking to your new home rather than focusing on the home you are leaving.
Uniquely Enhanced Spaces helps you manage the clutter and get organized so that you can get more done, find things when you need them, and feel good about your space. Diana Carlos is a professional organizer serving Lakewood, Long Beach, and surrounding areas in Los Angeles County and Orange County.